This compilation is © 2000–2010 Chris Mays & 2022-2023 Kevin Whitesides.
Return to Table of Contents
Blake Nelson (2001) The 15,000 Year Itch. Mean No. 13, April, p. 54; A posthumous reflection on McKenna’s life and passing. Nelson explores McKenna’s website and interviews friends.
- Dennis J. McKenna (2001) Terence R.I.P. High Times no. 305 Jan, ISSN: 0310-2165. pp. 8;
- Ian Winn (2000) Major Terence: Bon voyage, mushroom philosopher. The Anchorage Press August 10-16, p. 9(32) Edition. More information: http://www.anchoragepress.com/archives/documentb02f.html.
- Bryan Winchell (2000) Terence McKenna, R.I.P.: Psychedelic visionary explores mind-expanding drugs, the Amazon rain forest, the end of time and now, death. Tacoma Reporter Apr 26, p. More information: http://www.maps.org/forum/2000/msg00240.html.
- James Sullivan (2000) In Celebration of Terence McKenna: Phil Lesh joins Lost at Last. San Francisco Chronicle Dec 14, p. E2, A brief article promoting the Lost at Last and Phil Lesh gig at a North Beach club, on December 15, 2000, celebrating McKenna. More information: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2000/12/14/DD51823.DTL.
- Michael Simmons (2000) Terence McKenna: The truth understood. High Times no. 300 Aug, ISSN: 0310-2165. Illustrator: Robert Venosa; pp. 26; Purchase: http://headshop.hightimes.com/cgi-bin/72D07F2D/mac/additmdtl.mac/showItemDetail?item=300 .
- Alix Sharkey (2000) Obituary: Terence McKenna. Independent Apr 15, p. 7, Foreign Edition.
- Steve Robles (2000) A shaman worth hearing: In memoriam Terence McKenna, 1946-2000. San Francisco Bay Guardian Vol: 34 no. 30 Apr 26, ISSN: 0036-4096. pp. 35; An obituary (with a number of factual errors) by an “experimental DJ” focussing on McKenna’s relationship to acid house music and the rave phenomenon.
- Jim Richardson and Allen Richardson (2000) Gonzo Science: In Memoriam; Terrence [sic] McKenna. Ripsaw News Vol: 2 no. 20 Aug 2, pp. 19; More information: http://www.gonzoscience.com/columns/0018-McKenna.htm.
- Nestor Perala (2000) McKenna didn’t predict the end of the world, exactly. Mushroom: The journal of wild mushrooming Vol: 18 no. 4 Fall #69, ISSN: 0740-8161. pp. 39; Letter to the editor. Perala corrects the impression in Martin’s New York Times obituary (Terence McKenna, 53, Dies, 2000) that McKenna ever stated “the end of the world” would occur on December 22, 2012: “At a weekend workshop which he conducted, I asked him what the world would be like the day after Dec. 22. He said, ‘I have no idea. I can only tell you what my calculations show’”.
- Don Mills (2000) ‘90s version of Timothy Leary believed drugs were salvation. National Post Vol: 2 no. 143 Apr 10, ISSN: 1486-8008. pp. A16;
- Dennis J. McKenna (2000) Terence McKenna Update: December ‘99. After Dark: the official Art Bell newsletter February, pp. 14;
- Douglas Martin (2000) Terence McKenna, “the Timothy Leary of the ‘90s,” dies. Mushroom: The journal of wild mushrooming Vol: 18 no. 3 Summer #68, ISSN: 0740-8161. pp. 30; Excerpt of Martin’s New York Times obituary Terence McKenna, 53, Dies.
- Douglas Martin (2000) Terence McKenna, 53, Dies; Patron of Psychedelic Drugs. New York Times Apr 9, p. 40, Sunday, Final Edition. ISSN: 0362-4331.
- Erik Davis (2000) Terence McKenna’s last trip. Wired Vol: 8 no. 5 May, ISSN: 1059-1028. pp. 156,158,160,162,164,166,168; More information: http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/8.05/mckenna.html.
- Anon (2000) Spiritual theorist also promoted mushrooms. Daily Breeze Apr 6, p. A4, Brief obituary.
- Anon (2000) Obituaries; Terence McKenna; Promoter of Psychedelic Drug Use. Los Angeles Times Apr 7, p. B6, Illustrator: Photo credit: San Francisco Chronicle © 1994. ISSN: 0458-3035. This obituary quotes Greatful Dead leader Jerry Garcia: “[He’s] the only person who’s made a serious effort to objectify the psychedelic experience—and done a good job of it.“.
- Anon (2000) In Memorium: Terence McKenna. Green Egg: a journal of the awakening Earth Vol: 32 no. 134 May-Jun, “Play & Imagination.” ISSN: 1066-7385. pp. 48;
- Anon (2000) Terence McKenna takes his ultimate trip. Shaman’s Drum: a journal of experiential Shamanism no. 56 Summer, ISSN: 0887-8897. pp. 9;
- Anon (2000) In Memoriam: Terence McKenna. MAPS: Newsletter of the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies Vol: 10 no. 2 Summer, “Endings and Beginnings.” pp. 20; More information: http://www.maps.org/news-letters/v10n2/terence.html.
- Anon (2000) Terence McKenna. San Francisco Chronicle Apr 6, p. C2, Final Edition.
- Anon (2000) Terrence [sic] McKenna: Final message from beyond. Ecstasy: Journal of Divine Experience no. 3 “The Sex Issue!” pp. Announcement of TMs death, followed by TMs Novelty List address of [date].
- Anon (2000) Terence McKenna, psychedelic pioneer, dies aged 53. Reuters English News Service Apr 7, p. A9, Night Final Edition.
- Anon (2000) New-age theorist and magic mushroom advocate Terence McKenna dies. Associated Press State & Local Wire Apr 5, p.
- David Aardvark (2000) Reflecting…. Entheogen Review Vol: 9 no. 3 Winter, ISSN: 1066-1913. pp. 121; Review of Dec. 15, 2000 Countdown to 2012 benefit for McKenna at 7th Note Showclub in San Francisco.
- David Aardvark (2000) Saying Good-bye… (a farewell to Terence McKenna). Entheogen Review Vol: 9 no. 1 Spring/Summer, ISSN: 1066-1913. pp. 1;
[top] Last modified 2/7/23 @ 12:39 Left Coast Time